I Smell Progress Part II

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailfacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

It appears I’ve been a really good boy this year and that Christmas has come early, and in a big way!

A very good friend of ours decided that us going on six months without an oven was long enough. He so very generously surprised us with an early Christmas present, an oven! When I found out I think I bounced off a couple of walls. I thought it was a bit much for a gift but when he sets his mind to something you can’t change it. We are so ever grateful and not sure how we’ll ever be able to return such kindness.

We asked if it was ok if we could throw a couple extra bucks at it so we could upgrade to a higher end model to which he obliged. Seeing as we also lost one of our fridges the day before we decided to get a fridge while we were at it.

It’s a Merry Christmas after-all! Say hello to our new oven and fridge.

Oven

GE Convection Gas Oven

GE Fridge

GE Stainless Fridge

Having been without the proper cooking appliances it probably goes without saying that I plan on going on a cooking frenzy! We had to go out-of-town these past two weekends so all I’ve been able to do so far was bake a cake, make a fabulous scallop and linguine dinner, and a dish called Tinga. If you like spicy chicken dishes stay tuned as I’ll be sharing my tinga recipe here soon.

So now that we have our temporary kitchen, a new shiny fridge and oven, I hope that means we can start saving our money again and move towards putting our house plans into action.

8 comments for “I Smell Progress Part II

1. 12 December, 2012 at 2:25 am

That sounds like major progress! – Even if I’d never buy a stainless steel appliance again (it is humid here, I mean like 70%+ is normal. Stainless is difficult to keep clean in high humidity).
    Congrats on a working kitchen even if it isn’t fully outfitted yet.

• Joe
      13 December, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Thanks Maren. I would imagine stainless appliances apart from the humidity problem isn’t cheap in your area.

2. Diana
    12 December, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Hurray….Happy Holidays and Happy Cooking..

• Joe
      13 December, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Happy Holidays to you as well! I will be happily baking Christmas cookies very soon, can’t wait.

3. Jill Reichenberger
    12 December, 2012 at 2:30 pm

JOE/BARRY! I think you have the exact stove and refridge that I have! I love them both. Josh especially likes the middle part of the stove to brown meat on.

Barry, thank you for the magazine subscription. Looking forward to planning our next retreat!

Hope you are both doing well. Please take a picture of a meal you have prepared on your new stove and post it!

If you need me for Kumo for Christmas…let me know.

• Joe
      13 December, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Barry says your welcome :) It’s a fun little magazine.

All is well here, just gearing up for the Christmas craziness. Now that I have an oven that means I can make cookies!

B’s family is skipping Christmas this time around so Kumo won’t need Aunt Jill this year.

4. Rick K
    13 December, 2012 at 9:28 am

That’s great news!! P.S. I’d love the tinga recipe! ;)

• Joe
      13 December, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I’ll be writing that up very soon :)

Add Comment Register